First Date Ideas That are not Dinner, Movie, Or Drinks
Here are alternative Ideas for a first date that are least likely to leave you out of topics to discuss, or put you in akward positions. They also work for any other date, be it a couple or a group.
This article is culled from TheFrisky.com
1. Fly a kite.
2. Walk your dogs at the park or, if you don’t have dogs, watch the dogs at the dog park and discuss which ones you want to take home.
3. Volunteer — plant flowers with the Parks Dept., donate blood, or paint a school.
4. Play Scrabble at a coffee shop.
5. Go to a used bookstore and buy each other one book you think the person should read.
6. Take a hip-hop dance class.
7. Get a psychic reading or have your tarot cards read. Discuss the accuracy — or lack thereof — as a starting point for getting to know each other.
8. Have breakfast before work.
9. See a free outdoor concert.
10. Go to a book reading.
11. Go bowling — winner buys the beer.
12. Go for a hike and bird watch.
13. Play miniature golf.
14. Go gallery hopping and talk about which paintings you’d buy if you were rich.
15. Play ping-pong.
16. Be a tourist in your own city and visit a local attraction that neither of you has ever been to.
17. Ride bikes.
18. Tackle a rock climbing wall.
20. Visit the Planetarium or Natural History Museum.
21. Learn to cook something yummy at the local culinary school.
22. If you’re going to eat dinner, do it progressively, which each course at a different restaurant.
23. Play hooky from work and have a picnic in the park.
24. Play chess at one of those outdoor tables.
25. Go somewhere with interesting scenery and sketch — then ask strangers to vote on whose drawing is better. Winner buys the loser a drink.
My Thoughts: I don’t buy all this ideas, but I agree with most of them, Being in the public with a person makes you see parts of the person you’ll normally miss when you are alone, and you are less tempted to commit immorality.
Remember, Stay safe, and stay away from pre-marital sex, It does more harm than good. and it in no way solidify your relationship. Don’t let anyone deceive you.
Sleeping with you will not make him love you, it will only make him suspicious of you.
We’ll talk more on such matters later.